5 Foundational Pillars for a Successful Entrepreneur Lifestyle
Bob Schlegel, the author of: Angels and Entrepreneurs: A Lifestyle Formula for Starting Your Own Business and Riding the Rollercoaster of Entrepreneurship joins Enterprise Radio. Bob shares the lessons learned from navigating the life of an entrepreneur.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is on association with the Author Channel.
- You mention P.E.P. a lot, can you explain your P.E.P Philosophy and why it is so important for success?
- What is one of the biggest lessons you have learned in all your years of business?
- What do you recommend to entrepreneurs starting out in their career? Should you start or buy your first business?
- How do you ride the ups and downs of the roller-coaster of entrepreneurship?
- Lifestyle – you call it a choice?
- Over the course of your career as an entrepreneur in both the senior retirement center and landscape materials manufacturing industries, you experienced setbacks, unprincipled partners and near financial ruin. Describe one such experience and how you were able to weather the hardships.
- In your book, Angels and Entrepreneurs, you described yourself as a less-than-enthusiastic student. How did you get to your level of success despite that?
- What are your 4 foundational pillars for a successful life as an entrepreneur and why do they matter?
- Talk about why you think it’s important to treat your largest competitor as an important partner.
- How do you align your business and your values, and what’s an example of the benefit you get from doing so?
Bob Schlegel and his wife and business partner, Myrna, came from humble roots in a small Ontario, Canada, farming community. Together, they launched their first family business, PeopleCare Heritage Centers, that grew to include 15 facilities in both the U.S. and Canada. Later, Schlegel and a partner launched Pavestone Company, which became the nation’s leading supplier of concrete landscaping products. The Schlegels sold both businesses and today are involved in a myriad of new enterprises and philanthropic endeavors. Bob’s new book, Angels and Entrepreneurs: A Lifestyle Formula for Starting Your Own Business and Riding the Rollercoaster of Entrepreneurship (SAVIO Republic, Feb. 22, 2022), shares the lessons learned from navigating the life of an entrepreneur.
People also listened to this: Why We Must Incentivize Creators of Wealth with Derek Bullen