Never Stop Learning, Growing and Adapting
Greg Hulsizer, HNTB Corporation’s West Division Toll Market practice leader, one of the nation’s top infrastructure solution firms with more than a century of service to public and private owners and contractors joins Enterprise Radio to talk about the importance of never stop learning, growing and adapting.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Greg Hulsizer discuss the following:
- As a nationally recognized expert, why do you feel it’s important for organizations (and their people) to be constantly learning, growing and adapting? What are some of the keys to success?
- When you talk about a learning and adapting organization, what do you mean and what does that look like? Why is it important to question the status quo?
- You mentioned that it is essential to question the status quo, so how does the concept of “Blue-Sky” thinking fit into a learning and adapting organization? How can continuous learning and adapting keep you ahead of the competition?
- How do you instill this type of learning and adapting environment in your organization and people? What are some creative ways you have found to do this?
- What roles do mentoring and peer groups play in continual growth? As executives, how can we keep ourselves learning and growing?
- Clearly there are significant benefits for businesses from making investments in their people and organizations. How do you measure your return on investment?
- If you had one piece of advice for business owners and executives, what would it be?
Greg Hulsizer is HNTB Corporation’s West Division toll market practice leader. He has more than 30 years of executive and board-level experience in leading high-profile public- and private-sector organizations. He is widely recognized as a highly effective leader, consensus builder, and innovator in the development, operation, and management of public agencies and private companies, particularly in environments requiring collaboration and political and community support.
Hulsizer is well-known in the toll industry as the CEO responsible for leading the construction, start-up and operations of California’s two innovative public-private partnership toll facilities – the SR91 Express Lanes and the SR125 South Bay Expressway toll road. He also served as founding CEO of Cofiroute USA, a toll services contractor. His career also includes 18 years in public administration, serving as city manager and other positions for three southern California cities.
HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals nationwide deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program management and construction management. For more information, visit www.hntb.com.
People also listened to this: On Course: Become a Great Leader and Soar