Shakir McDonald, the founder of The B.E.E. Academy joins Enterprise Radio. This innovative resource, which is an acronym for brilliant, educated and empowered, serves a multitude of children with tutoring, after-school programs, classes and camps.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Shakir McDonald discuss the following:
- Tell us about the BEE Academy and your summer camp program.
- What inspired you to create these programs?
- Share with us some success stories from these programs.
- Why are these programs so critical to furthering educational development?
- You also have a book coming out. Tell us about that.
- What else should people know about your programs?
As an educator, entrepreneur, author and mentor, Shakir McDonald is the founder of The B.E.E. Academy. This innovative resource, which is an acronym for brilliant, educated and empowered, serves a multitude of children with tutoring, after-school programs, classes and camps.
By combining her passion for business and her commitment to helping others, Shakir is at the forefront of advancing youth development and academic excellence. That role extends throughout the community, where Shakir is both a motivational speaker and radio host. She addresses – and solves – issues that warrant her brand of innovative teaching.
A graduate of Howard University, Shakir inspires people by her own example: a dedication to give students the lifelong tools to succeed with confidence and a renewed fascination for learning.