Why We are Losing the Cyber War
Ken Muir, Information Technology leader, member of a global advisory board, with over 25 years in IT, over 20 years of experience exclusively in Information Security consulting, professional services and managed security services joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ken Muir discuss the following:
- What is your take on the current situation with cyber crime?
- Why is ransomware so prevalent?
- What is the future of ransomware?
- What are some of the issues with users being the cause of ransomware propagation?
- How are cyber crimes affecting companies and what is the impact to these organizations and privacy legislation?
- How has the pandemic impacted companies when it comes to cyber security? What’s different? What’s happening now that wasn’t happening before the pandemic?
- How are cyber criminals organized?
- What can companies do to protect themselves and prevent cybercrimes and save themselves a disaster?
Ken Muir vCISO/CSC/CISA/CRISC/Global Advisory Board Member at LCM Security Inc.
Information Technology leader, Keynote presenter, research contributor, member of a global advisory board, with over 25 years in IT, over 20 years of experience exclusively in Information Security consulting, professional services and managed security services.
Preference has always been to be a fully technically hands-on leader developing an array of skills and experiences along with his teams. This range of experiences includes Business Development, Program and Project Leadership, and Security Technology Integration working with businesses in many verticals, Aerospace, Energy, Major Retail, Governments and major Educational Institutions in Canada (among many others). Provides executive and board-level presentations and training on a wide range of security technologies and industries. Have built upon a solid technical base of trouble-shooting and advanced support, leading large-scale programs and complex security design projects. Solutions include security design, technical implementations and training, (NIST, CIS & PCI) audits and vulnerability assessments, security and network design, process development, oversight of security operation center (SOC), and delivery of managed security services. Recognized for contributing pivotal business development and consulting services into enterprise businesses across North America. Additionally, worked with various Canadian departments on security deployments, training and assessments.
Ken is also a speaker. Mentor and virtual CISO for public and private organizations.
Before entering the IT industry, Ken served six years as a manager in sales and marketing for a leading auto industry manufacturer in the UK. Customers included Government and private companies. Successes are attributed to a personal desire to build first-class customer relationships and high-performance teams.
People also listened to this: Get in Gear: Seven Gears that Drive Strategy to Results