Recommended global markets to focus on with Eric Handa of APTelecom
Eric Handa, CEO/Co-Founder of APTelecom, a leading facilities-based telecom consulting company and service provider specializing in global connectivity, cloud solutions and emerging market advisory-based solutions joins Enterprise Radio. Eric shares some insight on which global markets to focus on and more.
- If you’re an entrepreneur who’s looking to start a business today, what are some emerging global markets that you would recommend they concentrate on? Why?
- How has the telecommunications landscape — and submarine cable industry — evolved over the past few years? What are some of the biggest changes you’ve seen?
- The BRIC markets — Brazil, Russia, India and China — have long been considered to be the most rapidly growing international economies. Do you agree with this, and why/why not? What kind of trends are you seeing out of the BRIC markets as of late?
- How are large telecom companies on the carrier side doing things differently today than in the past (e.g. Verizon, ATT, etc.) and how is this impacting small business owners who are trying to grow their businesses?
- What type of impact is technology having on the telecom industry right now? How have technology advancements such as social media, tablet devices, Skype, etc. had a positive or negative impact on the telecom industry over the past few years? Have you seen this trickle down to the small business community and have an impact on small business owners themselves?
Eric Handa is an experienced telecommunications executive with expertise spanning global management, sales, and leadership roles. With over 15 years of ICT experience gained at some of the worlds leading telecom companies, he brings practical and structured guidance to AP Telecom, integrating best-in-class technology with the tactical and strategic needs of enterprise and wholesale firms. Passionate about telecommunications leadership, Eric consistently drives innovation and customer focus within organizations.
Prior to founding AP Telecom, Eric worked for AT&T, Tyco Telecommunications, Tata Communications and Bharti Airtel in a number of senior operations, research, and sales assignments covering the primary and emerging markets of Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. He has been quoted and featured in numerous publications, including the Wall Street Journal, Telecom Asia, and TelCap Magazine, and is a frequent speaker and panelist within the ICT sector.
Eric graduated with honors (Omicron Delta Epsilon) from Bryant University with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics. He later completed the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business Executive MBA program in Hong Kong and Chicago at DePaul University. He also attended the executive education program at the University of Chicago as a sponsored executive. Eric is a member of the Asia Society and the US Chamber of Commerce ICT Committee. He is proficient in Mandarin.