Brett Cenkus, The Startup Shepherd is a business lawyer, financier, and mentor to startups and rapidly growing organizations and joins Enterprise Radio to offer his advice for jumpstarting your startup.
- How does an aspiring entrepreneur know if she has a great business idea?
- What is the very first thing an aspiring entrepreneur ought to do to launch his business?
- Any advice that you would have for a startup that is thinking about, or trying to, raise venture capital?
- How should a startup go about choosing a lawyer?
- What one common startup mistake do you want to caution our listeners to avoid?
Brett A. Cenkus is The Startup Shepherd and has 20+ years of experience in business finance, corporate law, and entrepreneurship. He is the founding partner of the Cenkus law firm and Vice President of Startup Capital & Expansion Funding. He is an active angel investor and former venture capitalist.
From 2010-2013 he served as Chief Legal Counsel of a publicly-trade international oilfield services company. From 2001 to 2006 he and a partner founded, grew, and ultimately sold a residential mortgage brokerage called Paragon Residential Mortgage. Paragon pioneered the 100% Flex Purchase loan, which used an old-school, non-score driven credit analysis to approve deserving home buyers of 100% purchase financing. Paragon was sold to Bridge Investments in 2006.
Brett earned a Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Messiah College in Grantham, Pennsylvania. He lives in Austin with his wife, Cathryn, and daughter, Elle. He enjoys reading, running, classic movies, great food and wine, and NFL football.
Social Media Links: