Broken links posing big problem for websites with Matthew Edgar of SpringTrax
- What exactly are 404 errors?
- Do 404 errors pose a big problem for websites?
- Can you give us some examples of businesses that have been impacted by 404 errors?
- How exactly does SpringTrax work compared to other tools that are out there?
- What are some ways that a business could improve their 404 error pages?
Matthew Edgar has been developing websites since the late 1990s. Since then, he has helped companies large and small achieve real, long-term success through their websites and online marketing efforts. Matthew’s consulting and training work has focused on helping companies grow their business by improving the experience people have when visiting that company’s website.
In 2013, Matthew founded SpringTrax, a new tool to help address a problem he saw on nearly every website he worked on: broken links. That 404/not found error costs businesses customers and worsens the experience visitors have on a website. Matthew wanted to do something about that and, now, as the founder and lead developer at SpringTrax, Matthew works to find new ways to rid websites of 404 errors.