Basic Business – Moving from Corporation to Startup
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Marc Becker discuss the following:
- What has the biggest challenge been in building your business? Specifically going from a large corporation to a startup?
- What’s the biggest communications challenge in conveying to these large businesses a) why they should outsource marketing work, and b) why they should do so with relatively younger execs?
- What is mythology and franchise development and how does it impact a theatrical project, or an overall film studio’s bottom line?
- What is your 3-5 year plan for the company?
- What one piece of advice would you give people seeking to leave large corporations, whatever business segment they may be in, and do it on their own?
Marc Becker spent seven years of his career at Universal Pictures as an Executive on the Global Brand Marketing team. While at Universal, he worked closely with filmmakers, creative executives, and marquee brands to ensure a consistent global brand strategy for the studio’s films and franchises. He helped develop unique, synergistic campaigns to integrate films across the various NBCU/Comcast platforms collaborating with television networks, digital channels, Comcast’s various corporate business units, and Universal Parks & Resorts. Marc helped launch the Despicable Me franchise and enhance the Fast & Furious saga, among many landmark theatrical campaigns.