Utilizing Remote Patient Monitoring in the Senior Living Environment
Karen Thomas, the president of Advanced TeleHealth Solutions, a URAC-accredited Health Call Center providing customized telemonitoring and health call center solutions again joins Enterprise Radio to talk about utilizing remote patient monitoring in the senior living environment.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Karen Thomas discuss the following:
- Briefly describe what you do and what remote patient monitoring is & what can be accomplished with it.
- How does Advanced TeleHealth Solutions partner with different types of senior living communities to offer remote patient monitoring services and provide the senior living community a competitive edge?
- I understand there are a number of use cases for Remote Patient Monitoring in a senior living community. Would you explain some of the various examples/use cases?
- How or why is Remote Patient Monitoring attractive to the resident? What are the benefits to the resident?
- Can Remote patient monitoring benefit the Senior Living Community financially, and is there a return on the investment?
Karen R. Thomas is the President of Advanced TeleHealth Solutions. In 2004, she developed and secured funding for the first Medicaid-covered telemonitoring program within the Disease Management Department for the State of Missouri. Seeing the need that various industries had for cost-saving solutions that could provideimproved health outcomes for patients, she began Advanced TeleHealth Solutions in 2011.
Ms. Thomas is a nationally renowned speaker, using her expertise in telehealth monitoring to educate hospitals, home health agencies, and other companies and organizations about the benefits of telemedicine solutions. The following are just a sample of Ms. Thomas’s other accomplishments within the healthcare industry:
- She is a speaker for Missouri State University’s Health Care Administration Masters program regarding “The Capabilities of Home Health and Its Future”.
- She is a contributing author to “Home Telehealth: Connecting Care Within the Community” published by Royal Society of Medicine Press Ltd.
- She is a speaker for numerous webinars and conferences providing education as to the benefits of home telemonitoring: generating enhanced clinical outcomes, patient engagement and coordination of care.
- She co-hosted a long-running radio show to educate the public on the availability, accessibility and desirability of home health and telemonitoring.
- She is a board member of the National Association for Home Care, Private Duty Home Care Association, member of the American Telemedicine Association and an Ex Officio member of the advisory board of HealthCare Technology Association of America.
Social Media Links:
People also listened to this: Creative Disruption in Medicine & Healthcare