Understanding the true costs of energy storage batteries
Catherine Von Burg, President and CEO of SimpliPhi Power, an innovative energy storage company in southern California joins the Green Business Podcast to help you understand the true costs of energy storage batteries and more.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Catherine Von Burg discuss the following:
- Tell us about the SimpliPhi Power battery chemistry and technology, and what makes it different.
- For those who are unfamiliar, what is thermal runaway?
- How is the market for energy storage changing, as solar and wind power have matured and become integral to the overall energy market?
- How do you see the international market for energy storage right now?
- SimpliPhi Power has been around since 2002, but not by the same name. How did the company get started and grow to where it is today?
Catherine Von Burg is President and CEO of SimpliPhi Power, a technology company that designs and manufactures intelligent, non-toxic, efficient, energy-dense storage and management systems. Her career spans a diverse portfolio of strategic planning, policy development, executive management, and multidisciplinary team building.
Committed to the transformation of the power grid and adoption of clean energy and distributed energy storage, she has conducted biomedical research, published white papers and spearheaded national program, policy and business-driven initiatives with organizations such as Pew Charitable Trusts, Rockefeller Institute, Columbia University, NY March of Dimes Foundation, John Hopkins School of Biomedical Engineering, Wilderness Education Association and First 5 Commission of California.
Catherine graduated from Columbia University in New York and holds a Master’s degree from University of Pennsylvania, School of Social Policy.