Tropical Smoothie Café’s newest location in Snellville, Georgia
Mike Shattuck, Franchise Owner of Tropical Smoothie Café with newest location on Snellville, Georgia the leading fast casual concept known for its better-for-you food and smoothies with a tropical twist joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Mike Shattuck discuss the following:
- Can you talk about what it’s been like to transition from a brand president of a large corporation to a franchise owner?
- Why did you decide to change your career and join Tropical Smoothie Cafe? How long have you been with the company?
- What is your favorite aspect of being a franchise owner for Tropical Smoothie Café?
- What made you choose this franchise brand over many others?
- Why have you chosen to open six locations in the Atlanta market? Why the Snellville, GA location specifically?
Name: Mike Shattuck
Current location of residence/number of years: 19
Hometown: now – Alpharetta, GA growing up Terre Haute, IN
Educational background: Attended Indiana State University, executive development program at Kenan Flagler School of Business UNC Chapel Hill, Harvard Program on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Prior career: I have been involved in food service for 43+ years starting as a crew person. My last corporate position was President of International at Focus Brands. I am a consultant as well.
Experience: (e.g. sales, marketing, restaurant background) I spent over 34 years of my career as a senior member of franchisor teams but also had the opportunity to run franchised operations in Taiwan and Saudi Arabia. My perspective from both sides of the relationship and extensive food service experience will be key contributors.