The Vivid Method for Public Speaking
Cam Barber, the author of the new book “What’s Your Message?” and who developed the Vivid Method for Public Speaking as a response to the mechanical acting skills being taught for business presentations and media settings joins Enterprise Radio.
- A lot of people offer advice on public speaking, what sets your book apart?
- What are some simple techniques for engaging your audience during a presentation?
- A big part of your book explains “chunking” your ideas to create an effective presentation? What is “chunking” and how does it work?
- Many people have a real fear of speaking in public. What advice do you have for overcoming anxiety?
- You debunk a lot of public speaking myths in the book. What are some of the more common myths?
- You say in the book that for CEOs and leaders of any business that messaging is branding. What are some of the key factors leaders need to keep in mind when they are communicating with their customers, employees, or anyone who impacts their organization?
Cam Barber is a speaker, speaking coach and speechwriter. His background as a radio executive helped him understand how to get inside the mind of an audience and trigger message recall.
He developed the Vivid Method for Public Speaking as a response to the mechanical acting skills being taught for business presentations and media settings. The first version was built on natural style and message transfer – hence the nickname ‘message man’. Delighted participants also found that this simple, practical focus reduced public speaking anxiety.
Clients now rave about the ability to relax under pressure, the power of Vivid Messages and the simple approach that generates twice the impact using half the effort. Cam Barber has helped craft presentations for dozens of Top 100 companies and coached speakers, CEOs and other presenters to make their message more powerful.
When he’s not speaking, coaching or writing, Cam consults on message management.