Turning $2M into $180M, the Nearshore Way
Brian Samson, one of the Co-founders of Nearshore Systems, a software development and recruitment services company founded in San Francisco joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Brian Samson discuss the following:
- It’s really unusual to see a company with 3 different service lines like yours. Can you talk us through what led you there and some of the types of projects you work on?
- It’s not common to have someone with a recruiting background leading an engineering services company. Can you talk a little bit about the transition? What made it difficult and what was easy about it?
- Nearly 80% of your team is in Argentina, can you talk about what led you there?
- Since you have such a strong belief in recruiting, can you tell us a little more about how you’ve hired the team at Nearshore?
- For entrepreneurs listening in today, what advice do you have for them if they were to look at nearshoring? Either setting up their own office or working with a nearshore service provider?
Nearshore Systems is a services company, with 3 core services to help technology companies grow. The services are: engineering, recruiting, and SEO.
Brian Samson is one of the cofounders of Nearshore Systems, where he oversees all of the business functions, including sales, marketing, finance, and HR for the company. Prior to Nearshore, Brian was on the exec team for several San Francisco startups, including Apptimize, Sosh, and Apartment List.
He also led tech recruiting for Lending Club where he was recognized for building the world’s top small company recruiting function in 2013. LendingClub went on to have the 2nd largest IPO in 2014 after AliBaba. Brian has MBA degrees from UCLA Anderson and National University of Singapore. Brian started his career in recruiting and believes that the most important piece to building a successful company is the team.