The 5 Key Secrets to Having a Great Meeting
Dr. Rick Brinkman, a leadership and communications expert & the author of his newest book is Dealing With Meetings You Can’t Stand: Meet Less and Do More joins Enterprise Radio to discuss the 5 key secrets to having a great meeting.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Rick Brinkman discuss the following:
- What was the motivation for writing this book?
- We have all been in pointless and seemingly interminable meetings. What percentage of them are truly necessary and how can you politely opt out of pointless one?
- As Yogi Berra said, “If you don’t know where you’re going, you end up someplace else.” Talk to me about that in the context of your book.
- How much do superfluous meetings cost us?
- Any tips on making meetings more productive?
Dr. Rick Brinkman is a leadership and communications expert who teaches Conscious Communication® for leadership, teamwork, customer service and effective meetings.
Since 1987 he’s performed more than 4,000 programs in 17 countries, sharing his insights on human behavior and strategies for practical communication. He is known for Educating through Entertainment, using humor and storytelling to make the learning memorable.
A popular keynote speaker, his clients range from the Astronaut Corps at NASA and the FBI to Merck, Adobe, the Federal Reserve, and IBM. His newest book is Dealing With Meetings You Can’t Stand: Meet Less and Do More (McGraw Hill, 2017).
People also listened to this: Navigating the New Normal with George Schofield