Swiped: How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers and Identity Thieves
Adam Levin, the author of Amazon Best Selling Book “Swiped: How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers and Identity Thieves” joins Enterprise Radio to discuss some of the big breaches and scams that are affecting businesses today.
- As a cybersecurity expert and enterepreneur, what made you decide to write the book “Swiped”.
- What are some of the big breaches and scams that are affecting businesses today?
- In your book, you discuss the 3Ms as a way for businesses and consumers to protect themselves against hackers and scammers. What are they?
- What does your company IDT911 (Identity Theft 911) do? In what ways does your company help businesses and consumers who have been negatively impacted by breaches and identity theft incidents.
- What are your cybersecurity predictions for 2017?
Adam K. Levin is a consumer advocate with more than 30 years of experience and is a nationally recognized expert on security, privacy, identity theft, fraud, and personal finance. A former Director of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, Mr. Levin is Chairman and founder of IDT911 (IDentity Theft 911) and co-founder of Credit.com. Adam Levin is the author of Amazon Best Seller “Swiped: How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers, and Identity Thieves”.
Mr. Levin’s mission is to educate consumers, businesses and lawmakers about identity management, privacy, credit and security issues. He is the security and credit expert for ABCNews.com and writes a weekly column that appears on ABC News, The Huffington Post, Yahoo!, AOL, MSN, and MarketWatch. He is a contributor for Inc. Magazine and Newsmax and has written guest columns that have appeared in The Hollywood Reporter, The Hill, Bloomberg View, American Express Security Center, The National Cybersecurity Alliance blog, Entrepreneur, and WIRED.
Mr. Levin is a frequent guest appearing on many programs including MSNBC News Nation and MSNBC Live, CBS Evening News, Good Morning America, CNBC Closing Bell, America’s News HQ on Fox News, Varney & Co. on Fox Business, Inside City Hall on NY1, Bloomberg Surveillance, The Willis Report on Fox Business, Fox & Friends, Fox Business After the Bell, ABC World News Tonight, ABC News Nightline, Cavuto: Coast to Coast on Fox Business, Mornings with Maria on Fox Business, PBS Nightly Business Report and Al Jazeera, as well as radio appearances throughout the country, including NPR, ABC News Radio, Bloomberg Radio, Associated Press Radio, CBS News Radio, 1010 Wins, WTOP and SiriusXM, and features in The Associated Press, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, and The Chicago Tribune.