Stela, the Netflix of Comics, is breathing new life into the comic industry
Jason Juan, CEO of Stela, a mobile app that offers a monthly subscription to a library of original, curated graphic novel, visual story, and illustrated books joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Mobile App Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Jason Juan discuss the following:
- How important is it for traditional publishing – books, comics, etc., to adapt to habits of modern readers?
- Why adopt a subscription model than a pay per issue model traditional to the comic industry?
- How is Stela working to increase diversity in an industry traditionally very male dominated?
- What are the challenges of breaking into an industry dominated by a few big names?
- How is mobile technology changing the ways consumers engage with and enjoy entertainment content?
Tip: Mobile readers require intuitive UX and streamlined interface in order to successfully engage with content, but also open businesses to wider demographics than traditional mediums, as mobile users are more willing to take risks and try out products. Adapting to this changed demographic is the key to success for companies within the publishing space, be it novel or graphic novel.
Jason Juan is the CEO of Stela, Inc. the flagship mobile visual content app, Stela Unlimited, is the first and only app to offer graphic novels and illustrated stories created specifically created for the mobile reader. With a library of unique and exclusive content by award winning creators, Stela delivers the ultimate binge reading experience.
With content spanning a variety of genres, topics, and lifestyles, Stela offers stories that transcend the traditional graphic novel mold. Before founding Stela Inc., Juan was worked as Art Director on numerous gaming and film projects. A well respected veteran of the graphics industry, Juan combined his experience in visual art and fondness for graphic novels and comics to create Stela.