Spreading Peas & Love with HIPPEAS and CEO, Livio Bisterzo
Livio Bisterzo the founder and CEO of Green Park Brands with their first brand HIPPEAS, an all-new range of organic chickpea puffs and is set to shake up the global snacking industry joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Livio Bisterzo discuss the following:
- Let’s start by giving a quick background of your entrepreneurial journey and how it brought you to HIPPEAS.
- It’s clear that a lot of thought went into the overall product design, packaging and merchandising of the brand. What was the process behind that? Did product come first? Or did building the brand vision come first?
- What are the biggest challenges you face as a business?
- Tell us a little about the culture at HIPPEAS. It is clearly a vibrant, bold and fun brand, does that translate to the overall organization and its employees?
- As an entrepreneur yourself, what advice can you give to your fellow entrepreneurs who look to build a business?
Livio Bisterzo (35), CEO of Green Park Holdings, is an Italian entrepreneur with vast experience developing and executing start-up entrepreneurial ventures and who is passionate about finding the right ingredients to build brand success. Following his studies at London’s prestigious University of the Arts, in 2003 Bisterzo first tasted entrepreneurship when he ventured into the events business. Since then, he has never looked back and has built businesses that range from hospitality to consumer products.
In 2008, Bisterzo partnered with RNA Corporation, a Chicago based private label manufacturer to develop a high end men’s grooming skincare line – Kyoku for Men – which are now sold in 26 countries. His success with Kyouk led to Bisterzo being name one of London’s 1,000 most influential people by the Evening Standard (2009).
Following his tenure at RNA Corporation, Bisterzo invested and acquired a Danish start-up beverage business, Little Miracles – an organic blend of juice and tea. Under his guidance, Little Miracles became the fastest growing Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMGC) Small Medium Enterprise (SME) of 2013 in Europe. Today, Little Miracles is distributed in 18 countries.
In 2015 Bisterzo founded Green Park Holdings, a new food innovation company in the rapidly growing health and nutrition sector, with a mission to create innovative multichannel food and drinks brands. The company’s objective is to develop and build a portfolio with a clear focus on “Better for you” natural propositions, by operating brands that have lasting social impact and prompt behavioral and cultural change.
The first brand from Green Park Holdings, HIPPEAS – an all-new range of organic chickpea puffs, was launched in April 2016 to great success and is set to shake up the global snacking industry. Since launch, HIPPEAS can now be found in 18,500 stores across UK and US with a robust distribution pipeline in the works.
Bisterzo lives in Los Angeles. He is married with 3 Children.