So you want to start a business. Don’t quit your day job.
Ingrid Thompson, Founder of Healthy Numbers a company dedicated to Growing Business Healthier. Ingrid has just finished her first book “So you want to start a business” and joins Entrepreneurial Fit Radio.
- It seems everyone is getting started in their own business these days. I’m curious about your statement “don’t quit your day job” Why do you say this?
- It sounds like you take a practical approach to helping people get started in their business. Is that how you see yourself and the way you work?
- That’s a great example Ingrid. So how does the person who loves yoga assess if a yoga studio is in fact a viable and sustainable business?
- You have mentioned yoga and Pilates. These are areas of particular interest to you, aren’t they? Could you please talk about the work you are doing with yoga and Pilates and small businesses getting started?
- Sounds like a terrific program for Pilates and yoga businesses and for other health professionals. Ingrid, you mentioned the importance of having a “why” in the business. Why do you do what you do? What’s your Why?
- What would be your biggest tip to all those aspiring startups out there?
Ingrid Thompson is the Founder of Healthy Numbers Pty Ltd. which is a training company specialising in business acumen training for people in the Health and Wellness sector.
Over the past 10 years Ingrid has worked with almost a thousand businesses, mostly in the health sector, including Pilates Studios, yoga studios, personal trainers, physiotherapists, chiropractors, acupuncture clinics and dentists. She has helped them get started in their own business and to establish themselves in the early years of being in business.
Ingrid believes that many people choose to work in health related businesses and yet they are rarely, if ever, given business training during their professional training and practical placements. These are the people that she helps make successful. With the right training Ingrid realised they could fast track their business startups and save time, money and be more successful more quickly.
Healthy Numbers has developed a unique 7 step methodology for small business startups. This forms the basis for the face to face training as well as online training courses. Ingrid has recently developed a specific online course for Pilates Studio businesses which has been endorsed by the Australian and American Pilates Peak Body.
Social Media Links: