Hadiza Kassim, Founder and Owner of Shop Sarauniya, an African print fashion brand joins eCommerce Radio to talk about her entrepreneurial journey.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Hadiza Kassim discuss the following:
- Please share with us how Shop Sarauniya was born.
- How has Shop Sarauniya evolved since then?
- What are some of the obstacles you’ve encountered as a young entrepreneur?
- What separates Shop Sarauniya from other brands in the market?
- What does the future look like for Shop Sarauniya?
Hadiza Kassim is an undergraduate student completing her final year at Ithaca College. She founded Shop Sarauniya in 2014, at the tender age of 19, with the vision of bringing the traditional african print to the forefront of the fashion industry. That, paired with her passion for development in Africa is the very essence of what the brand is. All designs are created in New York City and sent to Accra, Ghana where they are transformed into beautiful garments by a small team of seamstresses. The motivation behind this approach is to create jobs in Ghana in the hopes of improving the social and economic status of women.