Recipe for a Highly Persuasive Speech
with Dr. Bill Lampton
So, you’re faced with a big responsibility, persuading an audience to accept your idea and take the action you propose. What should you say that would increase your likelihood of success? What ingredients combine to generate the right recipe for a persuasive speech? There are seven ingredients that emerge as essential.
1. Select a catchy compelling theme and title.
2. Make your proposal logical.
3. Tell a compelling story.
4. Picture the advantages that will follow acceptance of your plan.
5. Include testimonials from prominent people.
6. Without boasting, illustrate that you’re doing what you’re asking others to do.
7. Give a clear and specific call to action.
For those who’d like to download this episode or listen to it now, right click on the download link above or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.