Providing Affordable Premium Quality Flowers to Anywhere in the Country
Joan Wyndrum, Floral expert and Co-Founder of Blooms by the Box, one of the largest online wholesale floral marketplaces for Do-It-Yourself creatives and brides joins eCommerce Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Joan Wyndrum discuss the following:
- What was the biggest challenge getting BloomsByTheBox off the ground?
- Why would someone want to buy flowers from BloomsByTheBox instead of hiring a florist?
- What’s behind the growth of the DIY market today?
- How does an online business reach a national market?
- How do you keep up with all the changes in online technology?
- What advice do you have for someone wanting to start an eCommerce company?
Joan Wyndrum has been working with her BloomsByTheBox co-founders since 1993 developing B2B and B2C applications and eCommerce sites, with a big focus in the wholesale flower industry. Some had also worked in the retail florist space. They already had an established business, but wanted to try their hand with an online marketplace, and the idea for Blooms – providing premium-quality flowers at wholesale prices to the public – came pretty naturally.
BloomsByTheBox shops the world to deliver fresh cut flowers and greens and professional floral supplies throughout the continental US. They have a live US-based customer support team to provide flower selection, floral design, and flower care advice along with a large offering of online videos and tools free of charge to their shoppers. In business since 2007, BloomsByTheBox has built its success with three key ingredients: Quality products, low prices, and outstanding customer service.