Newsjacking With David Meerman Scott
Welcome to episode #282 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. Is there a way to ride on the coattails of a major breaking news story for your brand’s benefit? It sounds crazy (maybe even a little sketchy), but it’s all in the execution. Best-selling business book, author, David Meerman Scott (author of The New Rules of Marketing & PR, Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead, World Wide Rave, Real-Time Marketing & PR, etc…) just launched his latest book, Newsjacking – How to Inject your Ideas into a Breaking News Story and Generate Tons of Media Coverage, in digital format only, with a major book publisher (Wiley), for under eight dollars. How did he do it? He launched it on the same week as Amazon‘s Kindle Fire in the hopes of capturing some exposure. It’s something that brands have been doing forever, but now everyone can take part in (so long as they truly understand the opportunities and how to do it with class and expertise). Never one to mince words, David is always entertaining and engaged in pushing our marketing industry forward. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 42:52.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #41 of Media Hacks is coming soon and may feature:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Digital Dads – Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – iambik audio – PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn – Blue Sky Factory – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with David Meerman Scott.
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR.
- Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead.
- World Wide Rave.
- Real-Time Marketing & PR.
- Web Ink Now.
- Follow David on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Mitch Joel is President of Twist Image ‹ an award-winning Digital Marketing and Communications agency. In 2008, Mitch was named Canada’s Most Influential Male in Social Media, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly-prestigious Canada’s Top 40 Under 40. His first book, Six Pixels of Separation (published by Grand Central Publishing – Hachette Book Group), named after his successful Blog and Podcast is a business and marketing best-seller. You can find him here: www.twistimage.com/blog.
For those who’d like to download this episode or listen to it now, right click on the download link above or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.