MOMENTUM: Creating Effective, Engaging, and Enjoyable Meetings
Mamie Kanfer Stewart, the Founder of Meeteor, a company that builds organizational culture in which people thrive & the co-author of the new book MOMENTUM: Creating Effective, Engaging, and Enjoyable Meetings joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in association with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Mamie Kanfer Stewart discuss the following:
- Some of the most common problems with meetings is that they take time away from “real” work, the conversation wanders off topic, and the wrong people attend. What are some simple steps for avoiding these issues?
- Many ideas are tossed out during meetings. How do you define and articulate which should actually be acted on or when a decision was actually made?
- Learnings – or “take-aways” or “highlights” – should be an important part of any meeting. What are some tips for making sure they are clearly defined and shared?
- You state that the technology created to help facilitate meetings often ends up making them less productive. How so and how should technology be used to create better meetings?
- What are some small, low risk, but effective practices one can start trying in their next meeting?
Mamie Kanfer Stewart learned about organizational culture and management from her family business—GOJO Industries, inventors of PURELLⓇ Hand Sanitizer—before launching Meeteor. Her company builds organizational culture in which people thrive. She holds degrees from New York University Stern School of Business and Kansas City Art Institute. She is co-author of the book MOMENTUM: Creating Effective, Engaging, and Enjoyable Meetings.
People also listened to this: Outside the Box Investors: 7 Ways to Fund a Business