Little Shop Artisan Box, a subscription based e-commerce business
with Maricela Yee
Maricela Yee is the head foodista at Little Shop Artisan Box and joins eCommerce Radio. She curates monthly Gourmet Foodie Boxes featuring the most delicious culinary charms of the micro scaled artisans in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Maricela Yee discuss the following:
- You have a master’s in social work. Why did you decide to create a subscription based e-commerce business?
- What is a Gourmet Foodie Box?
- As Head Foodista, what is a foodie?
- You have such a unique product, who is your niche Market? Who subscribes or orders a Gourmet Foodie Box?
- You started the company in 2011, where do you envision Little Shop Artisan Box 5 years from now?
- What successes, complications have you had with certain eCommerce platforms?
Feature: Little Shop Artisan Box has featured unique flavors of black sesame brittle, coconut jam, and chocolate infused with lemongrass oil and black pepper. This month’s box is inspired by flowers starring rosewater pistachio brittle, blackberry and poppy flower preserve, pickled delta aspargus in dill, and lavender and honey chocolate covered caramels.
Maricela Yee, founder and Head Foodista, of Little Shop Artisan Box curates a monthly Gourmet Foodie Box featuring delicious culinary charms of the San Francisco Bay Area. Her business model supports the local slow food movement by providing a CSA (Community Supported Artisan) box service where foodies and locavores subscribe to or gift. Miss Yee combines her three loves of food, sharing and community-building while offering a unique food experience from hidden gems of the Bay Areas most creative artisans.
For those who’d like to download this episode or listen to it now, right click on the download link above or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.