Kamal Ahluwalia talks about his experience building Apttus into a successful Unicorn
Kamal Ahluwalia, Chief Revenue Officer at Apttus, which helps companies speed up their sales and revenue operations joins Enterprise Radio to talk about his experience building Apttus into a successful Unicorn.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kamal Ahluwalia discuss the following:
- Apttus was bootstrapped for the first seven years. How do you think that impacted where the company is today?
- What advice would you give for other entrepreneurs trying to decide if they should bootstrap or take outside funding?
- You recently raised a Series D. What made you decide to take on additional funding?
- What do you think is the number one thing that makes a company successful in the long-term?
- What traits do you think are common across all successful entrepreneurs?
As Chief Revenue Officer, Kamal has global responsibility for accelerating growth and establishing Apttus’ Quote-to-Cash footprint as a critical pillar of modern business. Kamal is an established industry leader, and has a tremendous history of success developing long-term productive relationships with large global brands. His leadership and contributions are widely recognized as instrumental to not only Apttus partners, customers, and the organization itself, but also to the Quote-to-Cash category overall.
Prior to Apttus, Kamal served as Chief Marketing Officer for Selectica. During his tenure he was responsible for driving Selectica’s expansion into configure price quote (CPQ) markets. Prior to Selectica, he held leadership positions at Model N, Oracle, Apple, and RadioMail. Kamal holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Science from Utah State, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from IIT Roorkee.