Joe Caruncho: Moving Towards Value-Based Healthcare
Joe Caruncho, Chief Executive Officer of Genuine Health Group, which focuses on managing healthcare delivery with an emphasis on value-based care joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Joe Caruncho discuss the following:
- We understand that you have been in the healthcare industry for some time. Could you tell us about your experience, and how it led to your recent venture, Genuine Health Group? How can a layperson understand what it is that you do?
- You’re now on your second company with revenues in excess of $100 million. What is one strategy that helped you grow your businesses?
- With companies like yours shaping the healthcare industry, what can we expect this sector to look like in the future? How will it be different?
- We know that you’ve been in the healthcare space for quite some time. Are there any other industries in which you see great potential? What are they?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- As an entrepreneur, what is one thing you do over and over again that you recommend everyone else do?
Joe Caruncho is chief executive officer at Genuine Health Group. Prior to serving as CEO of Genuine Health Group, Joe co-founded Preferred Care Partners, a Medicare Advantage plan. As the company’s chief executive, he helped grow membership to 55,000 and generate sales in excess of more than $750 million.
For more than a dozen years he practiced corporate healthcare law, representing physicians, hospital systems, health care delivery networks, ancillary providers and health plans.
In 2004, Florida International University inducted him into its College of Business Entrepreneurial Hall of Fame. The following year he was honored as the 2005 Ernst and Young Health Care Entrepreneur of the Year for the State on Florida, the South Florida Business Journal’s Healthcare CEO of the Year, and as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Hispanics in the U.S. by Hispanic Business Magazine.
Joe served on the Florida Board of Governors, which oversees the State’s public universities and served on the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Task Force on Higher Education. He is a former board member for Florida Polytechnic University and Florida International University.
People also listened to this: How Technology Is Improving Medical School Education, Addressing Physician Shortages, and Increasing Physician Diversity