Intrepid Professionals: How Principles from the Military Mindset Build Extraordinary Leaders, Teams, and Businesses
Brent Carter & Chris Schafer, Co-Authors of “Intrepid Professionals: How Principles from the Military Mindset Build Extraordinary Leaders, Teams, and Businesses” joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guests Brent Carter & Chris Schafer, discuss the following:
- How does your book build awareness of the talent pool that exists in veterans transitioning into the civilian workforce?
- What are some of the many unique qualities service members bring to business owners?
- What are some opportunities for business owners to adopt a “military mindset” and how does it help entrepreneurs?
- Intrepid Professionals is unique in that is the only book to combine the expertise of an elite Special Operations veteran with the corporate experience of a civilian leader/organizational behaviorist. Can you explain how you came together?
- What are some businesses that veterans typically start, or, what skills do they have that transfer into launching a successful business?
Brent Carter, co-author of Intrepid Professionals, is a consultant, university professor, and researcher in the fields of leadership behavioral & the brain sciences, crisis management, and organizational adaptation. He is the President of AspenRed Consulting™ which specializes in leadership transformation for Fortune 500 corporate clients, all branches of the military, and non-profit organizations.
Brent has earned degrees in Aeronautical Studies, Information Technology, Business Administration, as well as leadership / psychology education from M.I.T. Sloan. He also has over 20 years working with civilian corporations, federal agencies and alongside many military organizations. His expertise is in leadership behavior, neuroscience and psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy, organizational stress dynamics, and complex adaptive systems. Brent has a PhD in Management.
Chris Schafer the co-author of Intrepid Professionals is President of Solid Operators Consulting™ and is a 25+ year U.S. Army retired veteran. He spent much of his military career in the 3rd Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) teams.
Chris is President of Solid Operators Consulting™ and is a 25+ year U.S. Army retired veteran. He spent much of his military career in the 3rd Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) teams. His career includes many deployments to third world countries leading ODA combat teams on the ground. Chris helped to start, and then deployed with, the first combat dive team in 4th Battallion / 3rd SFG and also was the 3rd Group HQ Theater Security Cooperation Program Manager. He has advised and trained people from many different cultures and countries. And he is an expert in military special operations, intelligence analysis, command infrastructure, project planning and management, counterterrorism, and team leadership – to name a few areas. He has been fortunate to work and train with the most professional soldiers in the world for a majority of his life. Chris is in the final stages of completing a Master Degree in Business.