Chief Executive Officer of International Academy of Film & Television Kacy Andrews joins Enterprise Radio. Kacy has been actively involved in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years with a diverse resume including feature films, television series, theater, and animation.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Kacy Andrews discuss the following:
- Tell us about the International Academy of Film & Television.
- What inspired you and your team to open your new school in Southern California?
- What are some of the advantages or benefits – for students – concerning IAFT?
- What types of programs are available at IAFT?
- What are some additional strengths IAFT offers, particularly for students considering a transition into acting or filmmaking?
- And finally, how do you envision IAFT growing in the years ahead?
Kacy Andrews is the CEO of International Academy of Film & Television. She has been actively involved in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years. Her diverse resume includes feature films, television series, theater, and animation. She has worked throughout the world, and was recently profiled in PEOPLE ASIA Magazine’s 2006 People of the Year issue.
Kacy spent nine years in production and project development at Los Angeles-based Hyperion Studio. This includes work as one of the Producers on Miramax’s Playing By Heart (Sean Connery, Gena Rowlands and Angelina Jolie). Kacy’s portfolio at Hyperion also includes the feature film Tom’s Midnight Garden (Joan Plowright); BoneChillers, a children’s television series for ABC (Linda Cardellini); and numerous animated projects such as FOX’s Life With Louie (Louie Anderson); HBO’s Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child (Denzel Washington, Whoopi Goldberg); and Paramount Pictures’ The Oz Kids (Jonathan Taylor Thomas).
Moving from Hyperion, Kacy had a stint as Vice President of Development at Blue Focus Management where she worked on developing projects for MGM, Disney and Sony. She then dabbled in the dotcom and software arena at Creative Planet and Entertainment Partners.