Growing your business in a new country and what entrepreneurs need to know
Tatiana J. Whytelord, Founder and President of Intelligent Brand Extension again joins Enterprise Radio as well as special guest Edouard Beaslay, CEO of Picto of New York, the U.S. Headquarters for France-based Picto to discuss growing your business in a new country.
- While exporting creates numerous benefits, few small businesses are actually doing it. Right now, only a small fraction – just 5 percent – of the over six million small- and medium-sized businesses in the United States are exporting, even though 95 percent of the world’s customers are waiting outside our borders. All that, according to TheHill.com. Tatiana, what would you say are the benefits to doing business in another country?
- What are the risks to doing in business in another country?
- What should a small business or entrepreneur always consider when considering a country to expand their business?
- What kind of team should businesses have in place when entering a new country, and how will that team determine the best areas to grow their business?
- What are some common mistakes entrepreneurs should avoid when doing business in another country?
Founder and President Tatiana J. Whytelord is an Intellectual Property, Branding & Advertising Law Expert with over 20 years of experience gained at top tier law firms and multinationals in Canada, USA, France, Monaco, Italy, Mexico, UK and Australia. Tatiana has advised on IP portfolios and strategies for many luxury brand groups including LVMH, Diageo, Gucci, Marithe & Francois Girbaud, BMW, Perrier-Jouet, Mumm and Courvoisier. She regularly sits on the advisory panels of start ups and new-to-world brands.
Tatiana was recently recognized by the National Association of Professional Women for outstanding excellence and dedication to her profession.
Edouard Beaslay is the CEO of Picto of New York, the U.S. Headquarters for France-based Picto. Edouard has been a global brand builder for 30 years with multinationals in Europe, the US, Latin America, Asia & Australia, Edouard has led the marketing strategy of global brands such as Martell Cognac, Mumm Champagne and Jacob’s Creek Wines and was the CMO of Pernod Ricard’s Global Wine Division in Australia before moving to New York in 2014.
His experience spans developing business & marketing strategy, leading innovation and delivering integrated marketing plans including consumer insights, communication, sponsorship, PR, digital, NPD & licensing. He is part of advisory boards of SMEs and start ups in Europe and North America. He holds an MBA from Indiana University Kelley School of Business.