Growing an e-commerce business while traveling the world
Ryan O’Connor, the Founder of One Tribe Apparel, a clothing brand he started after his first trip to Thailand joins eCommerce Radio. Ryan has been living abroad for almost four years and has lived in six different countries and visited others all while growing and managing an e-commerce business.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ryan O’Connor discuss the following:
- How did you get started in e-commerce?
- How do you determine the best marketing channels for an e-commerce business?
- Where do you see e-commerce going in the future? Next 5 years, next 10?
- If you were starting over what would you do differently?
- What’s it like managing & growing a business while living abroad & traveling.?
- What’s your #1 tip for SEO & content marketing?
Ryan O’Connor studied marketing and after a short stint in commercial real estate began his career in SEO in Philadelphia. After working at a digital marketing agency he moved onto freelance SEO & shortly after that he started traveling.
In 2014 during his first trip to Thailand, Ryan started One Tribe Apparel, a bohemian fashion brand that brings the brilliant traditional Thai artwork back to the west.
Since 2013 he has lived in Mexico, Thailand, Ireland, Vietnam, Indonesia & Colombia. He’s currently back in Mexico the same place his journey started.
His goal is to make One Tribe Apparel a lifestyle brand that lives on the cutting edge of modern marketing and story telling.