From Army Veteran to Financial Advisor
Elliot Omanson, the managing partner of Sage Financial, a financial planning firm that specializes in retirement planning for pre-retirees and existing retirees joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Elliot Omanson discuss the following:
- Tell us about your background. How did you end up becoming a financial advisor?
- Are there any key incidents or life changing events that inspired your decision to become a financial advisor?
- What has been the most rewarding aspect of your financial career so far?
- When you started out in finance, what specific idea, purpose or vision guided your motive to be where you are today?
- What do you hope to achieve within Sage Financial?
- What would you recommend people do or say when they encounter resistance towards becoming a financial advisor?
After serving multiple combat tours with the U.S. Army, Elliot Omanson was honorably discharged and began to explore a career in the financial services industry. He joined Terry Sharp and the team at Sage Financial in March 2014. Having traveled to 13 different countries on 3 continents, Elliot brings a unique perspective to the “Financial Wellness Initiative” at Sage Financial. As an avid reader and lifelong student, he recognizes the importance of planning first and investing second in today’s challenging retirement landscape. He has conducted numerous financial planning workshops that have been widely attended by those in or nearing retirement. On a personal note, Elliot and his wife Aubrey have 3 daughters, a son, and a dog. They enjoy Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, outdoor sporting events, and being involved in their church.