May 4, 2015 at 12:42 pm / by admin
/ comments (0)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 13:19 — 9.1MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email | | More
Jim Wurm, Executive Director of the Exhibit and Event Marketers Association joins Event TALK to discuss how event and meeting planners can make the tradeshow experience more beneficial for exhibitors and marketers, and win by doing so. Jim is also a noted author and presenter to many of the trade show industry’s associations and professional societies.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com.
Listen to Eric Dye & guest Jim Wurm discuss the following:
- Many conferences and events seem to have an exhibit component, and there are many tradeshows around the world. Set the stage for me, what have planners and producers been doing right?
- It is all about engagement, and planners seem to be doing a decent job engaging attendees. How can planners connect the dots and connect the attendees with the exhibitors and marketers. What are the essentials to engage all these stakeholders successfully?
- I imagine it is quite challenging for exhibitors to track return on investment. What role can planners play to insure that exhibitors and marketers have the ability to measure success?
- Tradeshows are expensive, how can planners, producers and exhibitors work together to control cost while still providing a first class experience?
- Are there any tools, programs, best practices available that can help planners produce better experiences for exhibitors and marketers?
- What are your top three tips for planners who want to successfully engage and provide return on investment to exhibitors and event marketers?
In his 30 years of trade show marketing and management, Jim A. Wurm has worked on both the show management and exhibit services side of the business.
He has launched and organized trade shows throughout the U.S. and in Europe, as well as working for I&D (now Nth Degree) as Director of Marketing and National Sales Manager. Jim has created and managed his own trade shows (CleanRooms and CleanRooms Europa), and has served as Group Director of High Tech shows for Miller Freeman, Inc.; at the time, the third largest show organizer in the world.
Upon leaving Miller Freeman, Jim returned to his favorite role as independent show organizer and trade show management consultant. His customer list includes the Neil Sperry All Garden Show (an event he managed for 15 years), ZD Comdex & Forums, Reed Exhibitions, SEMCO Productions, Johnson Promotions, IEEE, and Netware Users International.
Most recently, Jim has utilized his unique trade show experience for the development and management of the Exhibit & Event Marketers Association (E2MA) an association formed from the combined strengths of the Trade Show Exhibitors Association (TSEA) and the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Association (EACA).
One of the industry’s foremost thinkers on trade show marketing, he is a noted author and presenter to many of the trade show industry’s associations and professional societies.
Reach Jim Wurm at 541-317-8768 or www.e2ma.org.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com, an event technology platform to manage and engage attendees.