April 27, 2015 at 9:19 pm / by admin
/ comments (0)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 16:46 — 11.5MB)
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Email | | More
Graeme Hughes, Director of Sales at Visit Tucson that has worked twenty-five years in the hospitality & tourism industry focusing on sales & marketing joins Event TALK to share his top tips for working with Convention and Visitor Bureaus.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com.
Listen to Eric Dye & guest Graeme Hughes discuss the following:
- Is there a distinct difference between a Convention and Visitor Bureau and Destination Marketing Organizations for meeting planners to be aware of?
- What are the benefits for a meeting planner to be working with a CVB or DMO?
- There are companies out there that help meeting planners with the sourcing of hotel rooms for meetings, is a CVB a complementary service to this, or should planners looks at a CVB as a one-stop resource?
- How does a planner typically initiate a relationship with a CVB, and what does a CVB need, to be successful for the planner?
- Are there any other services a Convention Visitors Bureau can offer meeting planners we may not yet have covered today?
- What are your top 3 tips for planners to be successful in working with a Convention and Visitor Bureau?
Graeme has worked twenty-five years in the hospitality & tourism industry focusing on sales & marketing. His career includes four years in Destination Management, thirteen years with Westin Hotels & Resorts/Starwood and five years with Loews Hotels before joining the Visit Tucson in November 2007. He is responsible for the management and execution of the Bureau’s convention sales effort, positioning Tucson & Southern Arizona as a premier destination for group meetings, conventions and events.
Professional memberships include Meeting Professionals International, Destination Marketing Association International & Western Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus.
Event Talk is brought to you by EventInterface.com, an event technology platform to manage and engage attendees.