Connecting Hearts and Minds with Dr. Greg Nees
Dr. Greg Nees, Ph.D., an interculturalist, coach, consultant and author of the new book Connecting Hearts and Minds joins Enterprise Radio to discuss steps to managing diversity within your own organization.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Greg Nees discuss the following:
- Whether it’s GM or a small business those in charge need confidence. What does your book offer to those looking to become better leaders?
- International business is changing all the time politically and culturally. What are some key pieces of advice you have for those who starting to work overseas?
- You specialize in diversity among different cultures, but, what are some steps to managing diversity within your own organization?
- Given the political environment here in the US how has that affected the way businesses operate with each other around the globe? Or has it had any effect?
- What advice can you give to those who need to improve their overall communication skills? Especially when they are dealing with people from other backgrounds, cultures, or who have vastly different viewpoints?
Greg Nees, Ph.D., is an interculturalist, coach, and consultant. He earned his B.A. in psychology from UCLA, worked and traveled in West Africa, and then took up residence in Europe. In Germany he worked as an English teacher, translator, and college instructor. While leading intercultural communication seminars at the Johannes Gutenberg University, he discovered the joy of promoting understanding between the different peoples of the world.
He returned to the U.S. in 1990 to complete his doctorate in communication studies. Today he works with expatriates, multicultural teams, and international organizations that want to improve their global competence. His seminars and coaching sessions focus on the interaction of culture, mind, and communication style to help his clients raise their awareness and develop the skills needed to achieve their goals.