Cirrus Fitness, your team, your colors
Jay Sapovits, CEO and President of Cirrus Fitness, the premier manufacturer of authentic collegiate and professional sports licensed fitness equipment for home, personal and professional use joins Entrepreneurial Fit Radio.
- Tell us a little about Cirrus Fitness and how/why you founded the company?
- When you founded Cirrus you clearly saw an untapped opportunity in the fitness/sports market that other companies had yet to see. What made you see this opportunity, and what would be your advice to aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking to capitalize on untapped opportunities that exist in other industries?
- Just to put things in perspective for our audience, how big is the opportunity in the fitness/sports space as you see it?
- What are the three key ingredients to launching a business that is set up to succeed over the long-run in your opinion?
- How did your experiences at Marquis Jets help you as you decided to get Cirrus off the ground?
- What can we expect to see from Cirrus in the future, and what are some of the ways in which Cirrus will continue to show innovation in the sports/fitness category?
Jay Sapovits, CEO & President
BA, University of Nevada Las Vegas
Jay’s deep experience reveals a passion and affinity for the sports world. Jay started out as the youngest on-air radio host on Sportsradio 610WIP in his hometown of Philadelphia. Recognizing a gap in the Philadelphia sports landscape, Jay developed and created The Exelon Invitational hosted by Jim Furyk , bringing the PGA Tour back Philadelphia. This event was the most successful single day special PGA Tour event. The Exelon Invitational was sold in 2001 at which time Jay met Kenny Dichter. The two formed a partnership and Jay opened the Boston office for Marquis Jet. Jay’s proven success includes:
- Vice President for Marquis Jet and directly responsible for generating more than $50M in revenue.
- Founder of the most successful single day special event to the PGA Tour: The Exelon Invitational hosted by PGA Tour Professional Jim Furyk. Developed the concept and partnerships that secured Exelon and Furyk. Additionally, Jay actively sold sponsorships and procured top PGA Tour stars to participate. Successfully sold the event after 11 years consecutive successful years.
- Head of Sales for Wilmco Vilas, the leader in the luxury villa rental industry. Founded WilmcoSBH, an on-island service and sales company on the popular island of St. Barthelemy.
- Founder and CEO, One Key World, a destination club hybrid.
[box_blue]Note: If you would like to listen to a podcast right away you can hear a sample by clicking on the “play” button on our podcasts page. If you would like to play your podcast later or take it on the road, you will first need to subscribe to and download the podcast using the subscription software on your computer, such as itunes. Then you will have to transfer the podcast file to your portable media device. We recommend the following subscription software for the best user experience: