December 17, 2016 at 10:54 am / by admin
/ comments (0)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 14:40 — 10.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | | More
Cynthia M. Ruiz an Author, Professor, Commissioner, Inspirational Speaker and Leadership expert who has received over 50 accolades and awards for her leadership and service to the city of Los Angeles joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Cynthia M. Ruiz discuss the following:
- Tell us about some of the leaders you admire from your family history.
- What makes you say we each innately possess leadership ability.
- Can you tell us about the various leadership styles?
- What is “Value Driven Leadership?”
- How do you think women can learn to be better leaders?
- You mention fear as one of the obstacles of asserting leadership. How do you suggest people overcome fear?
- Being of dual ancestry, has this helped or hindered your own leadership? How has spiritual strength helped you and how have you incorporated Native spirituality into your life?
- We see a lot of corruption these days in some of our leaders. Do you think having integrity is difficult for leaders?
- You mention the importance of having mental strength. How have you used mental strength in your own life?
- Tell us about some of the work you do with girls.
- What do you want the reader to take away from reading the book?
Cynthia M. Ruiz is an Author, Professor, Inspirational Speaker and Leadership expert. Receiving over 50 accolades and awards for her leadership and service to Los Angeles. She currently serves as a Los Angeles City Commissioner overseeing a multibillion-dollar pension portfolio for City employees.
She has received the prestigious Hollywood Chamber “Women of Distinction Award, the HOPE “Ray of Hope” award and the Weingart, “Women Building LA Award. Twice the California Apparel News has listed her on their renowned List of Influential People and LA Weekly showcased her in their people addition.
Cynthia has over twenty years of experience teaching and public speaking. She is the author of two books , “Cherokee Wisdom- 12 Lessons for Becoming a Powerful Leader” and “Finding Sane Relationships in a Crazy World”. She appeared in Discover the Gift (movie/book) with such notables, as is Holiness the Dala Lama, Michael Bernard Beckwith, Jack Canfield and many more.
Her career has placed her in many leadership roles including President of the Board of Public Works for the City of Los Angeles where she had oversight of 5,000 employees and a billion dollar per year budget. She has worked as an Executive at the number one container Port in the US and has successfully run her own business.
Coming from blended cultures (Latina and Native American), she enjoys a passion for life and an appreciation of the gifts of Mother Nature.
Cynthia knows the importance of giving back and always strives to stay humble. As a Latina she has a passion for women empowerment and started the Wise Latina Network. Her Cherokee values have inspired her to teach others with her lessons. She has does this through her books and workshops.
She lives in Los Angeles where she enjoys the diversity of a metropolitan city.
Social Media Links: