with Mitch Joel & Joseph Jaffe
Welcome to episode #283 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. This is also episode #19.20 of Across The Sound. Joseph Jaffe is widely regarded as one of the top Marketing Bloggers (Jaffe Juice) and Podcasters (both Jaffe Juice in audio and Jaffe Juice TV in video). He is the author of three excellent books (Life After The 30-Second Spot, Join The Conversation and Flip The Funnel). A long-time friend (and one of the main inspirations behind the Six Pixels of Separation Blog and Podcast), we’ve decided to hold monthly conversations, debates and back-and-forths that will dive a little deeper into the Digital Marketing and Social Media landscape. This is our 19th conversation (or, as I like to affectionately call it, Across The Sound 19.20). Can great creative happen fast or does great creative take time? Can great creative be paid for in hours (the traditional agency model) or is better to be paid for value? We were both inspired by an Ad Age Blog post titled, Great Ideas Don’t Take As Much Time As Many Ad Agencies Claim, by Scott Montgomery and this is what unfolded. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 55:54.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #41 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it might feature:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents, Man On The Go, Human Business Works, Third Tribe Marketing and Escape Velocity.
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Digital Dads – Content Rules.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – iambik audio – PressBooks.
- Christopher S. Penn – Blue Sky Factory – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- Here’s the Jaffe vs. Joel debate on the time it takes to create great creative and the price worth paying for it.
- Ad Age Blog Post – Great Ideas Don’t Take As Much Time As Many Ad Agencies Claim by Scott Montgomery.
- Jaffe Juice.
- Jaffe Juice TV.
- Life After The 30-Second Spot.
- Join The Conversation.
- Flip The Funnel.
- Follow Jaffe on Twitter.
- This week’s music: David Usher ‘St. Lawrence River’.
Mitch Joel is President of Twist Image ‹ an award-winning Digital Marketing and Communications agency. In 2008, Mitch was named Canada’s Most Influential Male in Social Media, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly-prestigious Canada’s Top 40 Under 40. His first book, Six Pixels of Separation (published by Grand Central Publishing – Hachette Book Group), named after his successful Blog and Podcast is a business and marketing best-seller. You can find him here: www.twistimage.com/blog.
For those who’d like to download this episode or listen to it now, right click on the download link above or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.