Boston’s favorite wedding entertainer, DJ Jimmie Espo of Move it Music DJ and Lighting
Boston’s favorite wedding entertainer, DJ Jimmie Espo, Founder and CEO of Move it Music DJ and Lighting joins the eMusician Podcast Show. Jimmie founded Move it Music more than 15 years ago and has grown the company into Greater Boston’s premier, full-service wedding entertainment company.
This episode of the eMusician Podcast Show is in association with eBoston (Greater Boston Entrepreneurs).
- Please describe the origin of Move it Music DJ and Lighting and what industry you were operating in before that provided you with the experience to start the business?
- What services does Move it Music provide for clients and how do these services differ from the competition?
- Move it Music just made an addition to its team of entertainers, as a business owner, what do you look for most in a candidate when deciding to bring them on as an employee?
- What has business been like recently, how many weddings do you have booked for 2013 and what type of growth/goals do you see for Move it Music as a company moving forward?
- With it being wedding season, please share some of your insider knowledge on the hot trends of wedding entertainment in 2013, how couples can plan great entertainment on a budget and what you feel couples should look for when deciding on a company for wedding entertainment?
DJ Jimmie Espo – CEO & Founder of Move It Music DJ and Lighting – has been a successful disc jockey for over 20 years. His versatile resume spans from performing at Boston’s hottest nightclubs in the early to mid ‘90’s, to becoming the accomplished, premier wedding master of ceremonies he is today.
DJ Jimmie Espo transitioned his unique DJ skills to the wedding entertainment industry in 1998, where he took his fresh approach at mixing the classics with current dance and top 40 hits to pack the dance floors at weddings just as he did in the clubs. Jimmie launched Move It Music that same year. Now, Jimmie performs at 90 weddings per year throughout New England and is constantly being recommended by the region’s top wedding venues. Jimmie has been featured as a wedding entertainment industry expert in prestigious magazines such as Brides magazine and Newport Bride as well as several different wedding blogs and online channels. He has also co-authored two books titled “How to Plan the Perfect New England Wedding” featuring 16 interviews with New England’s top wedding professionals, and “The Ultimate Wedding Reception” with advice from 20 industry entertainment professionals.
DJ Jimmie Espo and the Move It Music team stop at nothing short of creating the perfect look for your wedding ceremony and reception. Always the innovator, Jimmie provides not just Boston’s premier wedding DJs, but also ultra-modern LED lighting effects, custom monogram designs and is the proud creator of the “Air Booth” – a state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind photo kiosk for weddings and special events.
Despite the widespread success of Move It Music, Jimmie remains humble and follows the Move It Music core principles that it’s Your Vision…Your Style…Your Day! He’s eager to please his clients. He listens extensively to his client’s needs and wants. He executes accordingly, provides a flawless wedding experience and always exceeds his client’s expectations. This is why Jimmie’s reputation exceeds itself and how he has established himself as one of the hottest and most sought-after DJ’s in New England.