Babierge Launches Baby Gear Rental Entrepreneurs
Trish McDermott, Co-Founder of the quickly growing baby gear rental marketplace Babierge, where you build a business renting, delivering and setting up baby gear at a visiting family’s hotel or vacation rental joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Trish McDermott discuss the following:
- Can you tell me more about the opportunities with marketplace businesses and how Babierge works in particular?
- What is it like to actually launch a business like this and then do this work?
- You’re growing really fast. What is Babierge so appealing to would-be entrepreneurs?
- Your’re teaching your entrepreneurs to do local marketing and public relations for their businesses. Can you share a little of what you teach them–tips that any listener can use?
- With so many people, all the way from Millennials to Seniors, seeking to work in the gig economy, can you tell us what they should be looking for–or what makes the perfect gig?
Trish McDermott is the Co-Founder and Vice President of Community and Communications at Babierge, the first baby gear rental marketplace. Babierge connects traveling families with local, on-the-ground baby gear rental entrepreneurs who rent, deliver and set up baby equipment and toys at a family’s hotel or vacation rental.
McDermott is an accomplished brand storyteller, spokesperson and media trainer with an ear for a great story, a gut instinct for strategic messaging and a knack for chronicling and communicating a company’s folklore.
McDermott is best known for her ten years running communications for Match.com. She was an early member of the Match startup team and went on to serve as Spokesperson and Vice President of Public Relations for the company. McDermott played a key role in introducing the Match brand in thirty-one countries, seeing the company through two acquisitions, and to the global leadership position it holds today.
McDermott has provided communications and advisory services to numerous startups. She co-founded Panic Media Training to provide messaging, crisis communications and spokesperson training to C-suite executives.
As a spokesperson you’ve seen McDermott on 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, Nightline, VH1, The Today Show and CNN. McDermott has spoken at San Francisco’s Commonwealth Club and D.C.’s National Press Club. She served as a member of the San Francisco Board of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and the International Association of Business Communicators’ (IABC) San Francisco Diversity Committee. McDermott appeared as talent in Match radio commercials and on the Romance television channel for Princess Cruises.
People also listened to this: Rent and Technology: Payment Assurance in a Changing Credit Environment