Award Winning Playwright John Leonard Pielmeier Discuses Debut Novel, Hook’s Tale
John Leonard Pielmeier, the award-winning playwright and screenwriter of more than 25 works and the author of his debut novel Hook’s Tale: Being the Account of an Unjustly Villainized Pirate Written by Himself, available in hardcover and digital format joins Enterprise Radio.
This episode of Enterprise Radio is working in conjunction with the Author Channel.
- Give us a brief taste of what Hook’s Tale is about.
- What inspired you to write this book?
- Why is it important for people to know Captain Hook’s side of the story?
- What is your writing process like? Did you use the same process to write Hook’s Tale as you have for plays, films, and television scripts?
- What is the take home message of Hook’s Tale? What will readers get out of this emended story?
- Are you working on any other projects at the moment?
- Do you have any advice for young and aspiring writers who are trying to break into the field?
John Leonard Pielmeier is an award-winning playwright and screenwriter of more than 25 works, including Agnes of God and the stage adaptation of The Exorcist. Pielmeier’s debut novel, Hook’s Tale: Being the Account of an Unjustly Villainized Pirate Written by Himself, was published on July 18 and is available in hardcover and digital format.
John Leonard Pielmeier began his career with the play and movie Agnes of God. Since then he has had three more plays mounted on Broadway and more than 25 films, television movies and miniseries produced. Most recently he has written and acted in the internationally successful limited series The Pillars of the Earth (named the 5th Best Miniseries of All Time!) and is currently prepping his stage adaptation of The Exorcist for its West End premiere in late autumn 2017. (It recently played in Birmingham, England to glorious reviews and enthusiastic standing ovations.)
He has also received the Humanitas Award (plus two nominations), five Writers’ Guild Award nominations, a Gemini nomination, an Edgar Award, the Camie Award, a Christopher Award, and his projects have won a Gemini Award and been nominated for the Emmy Award (three times) and the Golden Globe Award.