Avon Representative Orenthia Ricketts Discusses Her Journey to Being a Beauty Boss
Orenthia Ricketts, a leading Representative with Avon, THE leading social selling beauty company in North America joins Enterprise Radio to discuss her journey to being a beauty boss.
Listen to interview with host Eric Dye & guest Orenthia Ricketts discuss the following:
- Tell us how you got involved with Avon and what inspired you to become a Representative.
- How did you effectively network and grow your business into what it has become today?
- What does being a beauty boss mean to you?
- What are some tips you would give to aspiring female entrepreneurs?
- You are writing a book to share your journey with others. What should readers expect from this and what do you hope they take out of it?
Orenthia started her Avon career in 2007 simply to earn some extra cash to support her shoe shopping habit. Shortly after, in 2008, she was laid off from her corporate job and decided that being an Avon Representative was an ideal career fit to help her support her family. She steadily built her business, endeavoring to add new customers every campaign and growing her team.
Along with earning over 10 different trips, she continues to see immense personal growth and change over the years and feels empowered now more than ever to take charge of her career. Her sweet spot? Fragrance! With an aunt in Jamaica who had a signature scent that she resonates with to this day, Orenthia recently discovered her aunt used Avon perfume and being around the brand was always in her cards! Ever the busy entrepreneur, in addition to working her Avon business, Orenthia partners with several local organizations supporting women, elderly and youth to make a difference in her community and is writing her first book.
People also listened to this: Survey of the consumer impact of Toys ‘R’ Us shutting down stores