Amazing Second Career: Opera Star to Opera Impresario
Linda Riebel, President of Friends of Opera San Jose and author of the book Irene Dalis: Diva, Impresaria, Legend joins the eMusician Podcast Show to talk about the life of Irene Dalis.
- We last interviewed you on the eHealth Radio Network sister network to EPN about your work on sustainable food. How did you get into opera? Is that a new topic for you?
- Why did you write the book?
- Was Irene Dalis really as amazing as everyone said she was?
- Tell us some of the fascinating stories you learned about Irene Dalis.
- What’s it like writing about a famous person?
- Isn’t it expensive to go to the opera?
Linda Riebel is a psychologist, environmental activist, author, and opera lover. We last interviewed her in 2013 about her book The Green Foodprint: Food Choices for Healthy People and a Healthy Planet. Linda is on the faculty of the Creativity Studies department of Saybrook University, serves as the president of the Friends of Opera San Jose, and is the author of the book Irene Dalis: Diva, Impresaria, Legend, which came out in 2014.