Social Media Coffee Talk: Episode 14
Your host Harrison Painter gives you 5 steps to “Better Social Media Marketing” as he focusses in locally.
1. Have a well defined plan. That may seem like common sense but most people don’t. You or your company needs to decide how you will use social media.
2. Have realistic expectations. The chances of your YouTube video going viral are pretty slim and probably not going to happen. However having that video with a call to action on your site may get 1000 local hits and a couple hundred emails in your local target market – that’s powerful.
3. Execute! Your plan should have a well defined timeline of how much time and money you are going to invest in this space. Please do not let social media become a wasted place of time consumption. Playing Farmville isn’t social media marketing for you. It doesn’t take much to have TweetDeck up on your computer to monitor your accounts.
4. Measure! Nothing you are doing matters if you don’t measure it. It is one of the most important parts of social media.
Here are 3 simple tools.
- Google Analytics
- YouTube Insight
- Mail Chimp
5. Listen! The digital space is changing rapidly and you and your team need to stay on top of what’s going on and what your clients needs are.